Code samples and contributions from users for ZeosLib's DBOs of version 6.x

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist, mdaems

silvioprog
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

New samples with Zeos.

Post by silvioprog »

Hello guys,

I am Silvio Clécio, there are some days I am registered in the forum, but I believe this is my first contribution here. I found here in the forum the following six dbware projects showing in practice how to use Zeos components:
  • EasyQuery
    Event
    FishFact
    MasterDetail
    StoredProc
    Transactions
The projects were originally written in Delphi, set for FireBird 1.5, but I don't know which ZEOS version was used to create them. I compiled them using Delphi7 / ZEOS 6.6.5-Stable / Firebird 2.1.2. After some effort, I migrated them to Lazarus using ZEOS 6.6.5-Stable.

The package is available for downloading at :arrow: http://sites.google.com/site/silvioprogbs/downloads; look for "ZEOS Projects (6 projects with ZEOS)" file. This package has Delphi and Larazus versions for each project.

ps. Excuse my weak English (a friend helped me in translation). :oops:

Thanks!
delphi2pk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by delphi2pk »

Thanx Silvio Clécio
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi Silvio,

If you want we can also host a copy of these samples in the downloads section of this forum. It's a very good idea to make Delphi and Lazarus samples together.

However... I must admit I dn't test them. Just because I've no running FB server and I think the binary data files are not really version independent.
I think you could make your samples more universally usable by
- Providing a simple database load script (and eventually a loader demo)
- OR package an embedded FB server in a central build directory for the 6 sample programs.
First solution may also be useful when using an other database server (but of course, this won't work for the storedproc and event samples)

Thanks a lot!

Mark
silvioprog
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by silvioprog »

Hi Mark,

I go create a universal copy of projects, leaving only the scripts for creation of databases.

ps. I'm not receiving the answers of the topic in my email <silvioprog@yahoo.com.br> :(

Thank you ;)
silvioprog
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by silvioprog »

Hello Mark,

I did the scripts to create the databases (for Firebird, I don't have other servers here), I deleted unnecessary files generated by the compilers.

I sent a copy to your MSN and made available here: http://sites.google.com/site/silvioprogbs/downloads/ (file "ZEOS_Demos_en.zip").

If you put a copy in downloads section of the forum, you can send a mail to notify me?

Thanks again.

ps. text by: Silvio + Google Translate :D
marcov
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by marcov »

Silvio, the examples are very nice

Unfortunately, I tested the old version (so could run them, just had to study them).

I'll try to test them with a postgres setup the coming days.
zbyna
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: New samples with Zeos.

Post by zbyna »

Hi Silvio,

is it possible to upload your examples again. The link you provided is offline.

Thanks

zbyna