Help connect zeos to embedded mysql server

Forum related to MySQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

adi3000
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Help connect zeos to embedded mysql server

Post by adi3000 »

Can enyone help me using mysql embedded server from zeos ?
fduenas
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by fduenas »

embedded server is not already full implemented. have you tried to rename libmysqle.dll to libmysql41.dll?
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

So, It worked? I'm curious.... :P
nuker
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nuker »

i rename libmysqld.dll to libmysql41.dll and get AV :(
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

First you have to initialize the DLL. H've done it sometime ago, but had problems on application exit.. (AV)..
nuker
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nuker »

zippo wrote:First you have to initialize the DLL
LoadLibrary(); ?
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

No, the DLL has some special functions you must calll from the app. So far it worked on initialize, but I can't make the finalization, just before closing the application.

I've atached the small test code, so you can study it.. Enjoy! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nuker
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nuker »

So, look at this components:
http://www.scibit.com/products/mysqlcomponents/
it's really support (embedded,Direct,Client) MySQL 3 - 5
casanova_frank
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by casanova_frank »

zippo wrote:No, the DLL has some special functions you must calll from the app. So far it worked on initialize, but I can't make the finalization, just before closing the application.

I've atached the small test code, so you can study it.. Enjoy! :wink:
I am interested on tring this. Can you send me that test code you mention here. It seems that it was deleted from your post.

Thanks in advance.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Were you logged in while looking for the download? For me downloading works nice.
Did not try to use it, however.

Can somebody tell me where I can find a recent libmysqld.dll. I did not find it in recent 5.0 and 5.1 distributions.

Mark
aebi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by aebi »

Maybe my problem ist something different, maybe it has the same reason : I'm using PopstgreSQL with Zeos 6.5.1 (alpha) and Delphi 7. Using TZConnection in main programm works fine, also in static DLLs ("xy external bla.dll"). When I load a DLL via "LoadLibrary" / "GetProcAddress" and create the TZConnection in the DLL i get AV in the main programm after the DLL is unloaded. I'm not very familar with Zeos at the moment, so perhaps there are some more steps for initialization ?

Andreas
fduenas
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by fduenas »

Hi a new revision of ZeosDBO has been posted a long time go. It supports new mysql5 and mysqld5 (embedded) give ti a try and tell us your esxperience. by default all data has to be in a 'data' subdirectory of the folder where the executable is. yoiu can change this option using a my.ini file. Checl Mysql embedded server help for more info.

You can download latest SVN revisions from here: http://users.telenet.be/mdaems/
casanova_frank
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by casanova_frank »

mdaems wrote:Were you logged in while looking for the download? For me downloading works nice.
Did not try to use it, however.

Can somebody tell me where I can find a recent libmysqld.dll. I did not find it in recent 5.0 and 5.1 distributions.

Mark
Finally I could download it. Don´t know why before the link didn´t appeared.

Now I´ll give it a try.

Questions: Have you found that DLL you where looking for? Can´t you compile it from source?

I have compiled once libmysql.dll (not exactly what you're looking for) from source for tring UDF with MySQL under Win32. Think the same process can help to obtain the DLL you need.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

I haven't found the dll but we've tried to do the job using the 4.1 version. There it seems to work, so just go on and give it a try with the most recent package I've distilled. (see link above)

Compiling mysql myself would be a hell of a job for me as I even don't know where to start. As I'm not an 'embedded' user myself, I'm not really thinking about it. If somebody has a Dll, he can always share it with us. :D

Mark
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

In my Mysql 5 distribution there is a "libmySQL.dll" included in bin directory,
so why not in yours?
Maybe you disabled some options on intstall, i can't remember which, but i would try a full intstallation.

Anyway i would commit to lib/ in testing branch but still have no svn write access ;)

Btw it would be nice to have libs in zeos package for all supported dbms, still there are only mysql and postgres, any problems with rights else?
fabian