Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

C_R22
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

ZoesLib 6.51(alpha) Tutorial?

Post by C_R22 »

Hi

I'm wanting to use ZeosLib with MySQL. Are there any tutorials around for doing such? I've searched about, but not come up with much for MySQL.

Thanks.

Chris.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Well, If you've used zeoslib before it's just making sure you put the libmysql.dll in the right place and choose the right protocal on the connection component. If that's ok, you should check if your queries are supported by mysql.

If you want to use transactions, make sure your mysql tables are innodb tables as myisam doesn't support transactions.

Mark
C_R22
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by C_R22 »

I've never used ZeosLib before. I have installed it all fine - there just doesn't seem to be any ZeosLib tutorials or help file. Why is this? Or rather, surely there is some help or tutorials somewhere (that aren't in German). I must have missed them..?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

OK, I've found some short introduction here. It's written with Firebird server in mind but it doesn't make much difference:
Knowledge Base
Do you know a little about mysql? You need to set protocol, hostname, user, port and password parameters of the connection.
Other things are almost database independent. If you want more information about what a property or method is supposed to do : just look at the delphi help for BDE components. Most components have a BDE counterpart with same functionallity but without the need of the BDE.
Mark
C_R22
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by C_R22 »

OK, thanks - I will look into this. If anyone in the mean while finds / has anything else, this would be a good place to post.
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

Take a look here, its not very up to date, but shall give you some answers.

http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?p=2438#2438
fabian