[bug_fixed] Date, Time and Float on Lazarus

Code patches written by our users to solve certain "problems" that were not solved, yet.

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist, mdaems

fbaqui
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

[bug_fixed] Date, Time and Float on Lazarus

Post by fbaqui »

I fixed some problems of the rev.62 on Lazarus:
-installation problems
-float point values when the "decimalseparator" is not "."

I am trying to resolve now the problems with date and time fields on Lazarus.

Developers, please include this on next release.

Edited:
The values of the fields of the type date and hour is appearing normally, however the update or insertion of these fields not yet is functioning.

continuing the work!

Alert: This patche is for trunk version rev.62. I'll put the diff for testing branch version son as possible.
Last edited by fbaqui on 15.06.2006, 05:55, edited 2 times in total.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi fbaqui,

Thanks for the patch. However, duetosome organisational problems we only work on testing branch for the moment. There, most Lazarus installation problems should be allright.
Can you please change to testing version for development of ZEOS? I hope it works right out of the repository as I've been changing a lot of mysql driver stuff. (for those interested, embedded server now is also supported a little)
Can you then check if you changes are still necessary and post me that diff? If it's not possible to reply tot his thread,please sendme a p.m. to avoid an endless number of threads that isn't manageable.

Mark

Do you use fpc 2.1.1? (not standard in lazarus yet!!) In earlier versions date displaying was also wrong.
fbaqui
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by fbaqui »

Hi Mark,

I am trying to work in “stable” version of fpc/Lazarus for understanding that the majority of the users works with this version.

It would like to ask for you who place the information about the SVN in some more visible place, like the Downloads area, becose I looked for per two days until finding the address in a topic of fórum.

I´ll try with testing branch and post here the result.

Felipe

Edited: The problems with date, time, datetime and float vaues continues. I´ll put a diff here son as possible.
fbaqui
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by fbaqui »

I believe to have obtained a solution for the following problems:

-problems with the fields type Date, Time and DateTime
-problems with the fields type Float when the DecimalSeparator is not "."

In my tests the Zeos worked very well with these fields after this correction, but I believe that we need more people testing the solution to confirm its effectiveness.

This patch must be applied from the folder “branches”.

Felipe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi fbaqui,

That's strange. For me it works half before the patch (this means I can at least read the dates in a table, but can't edit them). After the patch I can't even read. Is that because of the compiler difference? I 've no idea. I'm using the nightly Lazarus build of last night. FPC 2.1.1
So I'll wait. If then ext version of Lazarus won't support it, it makes no sense patching this way.

Anybody else tried?

Mark
fbaqui
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by fbaqui »

Mark,

The version of the Lazarus that I used was the 0.9.16 and of FPC 2.0.2. These are the considered versions steady of the two programs, at least are the information that consists in the site of the Lazarus. I imagine that these are the used versions more, therefore the majority of the users download the packages of the SourceForge on the contrary of the SVN of the FPC/Lazarus.

Please try with this new patche to see if it functions. If to function can consider this patche for the current versions of the FPC/Lazarus and the previous one for the steady versions.

Thanks for reply.

Felipe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi fbaqui, You're a genius.
This patch has been applied 2 minutes ago. It works like a charm.

It has been decided we use the newer Lazarus versions as this new behaviour is what the Lazarus developpers have chosen to do in the future. And the future is where we're going.

Do you know how we can implement it independent of fpc version? ifdef/second try, ...

Last question : can I add you to my compiler testers list? It's always nice to have somebody who knows how to fix Lazarus stuff. (You can reply by pm)

Mark
Mark
odinsoft
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by odinsoft »

Sorry, but I couldn't apply the patch... am I doing something wrong?
The command I used: patch -p2 -i branches2.diff (into src dir of ZEOS)

PS: I'm using Win32 Laz
silviogs
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
Location: The Most Oriental Point of America - João Pessoa - Brazil

Post by silviogs »

Hi friends

I lowered its version of the zeos in http://users.telenet.be/mdaems and brought up to date the ZDatasetUtils.pas archive that fbaqui indicated to decide the problem of the date. I compiled and functioned perfectly.

As Odinsoft it works with me, also confirms that he functions.

Thanks a lot.

Silvio Guedes
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Just refreshed the downloads on the site mentionned by Silvio. Changes should be inside. (Compiles with fpc 2.1.1)

Mark