Demo version 8 and TransactIsolationLevel

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
MRN
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Demo version 8 and TransactIsolationLevel

Post by MRN »

Hey guys.

1) Zeos 8. Has anyone used it in production with a good response?

2) Where can I find examples for Lazarus version 8?

3) Do ZConnection and ZTransaction work together in Beta? Because they have the TransactIsolationLevel property. Set both to tiReadCommitted?

Thanks
aehimself
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Re: Demo version 8 and TransactIsolationLevel

Post by aehimself »

I am using it in production since it was still called 7.3 without any major roadblocks. Demos should be the same for Lazarus and Delphi... if you tell us what you would like to do, maybe someone can point you to the demo you are looking for.

As for the TZTransaction I can not give an answer as I personally never used it and have no clue how it works :) But in theory they should work together, yes.
Delphi 12.1, Zeos 8 from latest GIT snapshot
Using:
- MySQL server 8.0.18; libmariadb.dll 3.3.8
- Oracle server 11.2.0, 12.1.0, 19.0.0; oci.dll 21.13
- MSSQL 2012, 2019; sybdb.dll FreeTDS_2435
- SQLite 3.45.2
MRN
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by MRN »

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response.

- I looked for the demo due to the handling of database events and how to use tzTransaction, but for Lazarus I didn't find it in the folders.

I thought that zTransaction would be mandatory, but as both have the same property for isolation, I was confused by this.

Since you are using version 8, in production and without zTransaction, then I won't worry. I will follow the current demos.

I'm leaving IBO and it will be my first time with ZeosDB so I'm looking at what I need to change so I don't have a problem. IBO is magic but for lazarus the updates don't keep up with you when you compile.

I did a test with current Zeos + Lazarus + FB 3 with 72000 records and database with 1GB + DBGrid after Select with parameter and the response was very good. I will test by Hostinger with MySql.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --
Am I obliged to use CachedUpdates with lazarus and apply them before recording, I never used them with IBO and I don't use ClientDataSet?
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --

I know that a lot of things for Lazarus are focused on Zeos so I'll be closer to other possibilities. :)

I will reproduce the screens today to test, the datamodules are ready.

I got excited!

Thanks!
MRN
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by MRN »

MRN wrote: 10.01.2023, 04:47 Hey guys.

1) Zeos 8. Has anyone used it in production with a good response?

2) Where can I find examples for Lazarus version 8?

3) Do ZConnection and ZTransaction work together in Beta? Because they have the TransactIsolationLevel property. Set both to tiReadCommitted?

Thanks
Are you using it with Lazarus 2 2 4 32 bit?
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello MRN,

Zeos doesn't care so much about the Lazarus version as it cares about the FPC version ;) Lazarus 2.2.4 ships with FPC 3.2.2. Currently we test Zeos 8.0 on FPC 3.2.0 and FPC 3.2-fixes. Chances are small that there are serious bugs with FPC 3.2.2.
MRN wrote: 10.01.2023, 16:15 I thought that zTransaction would be mandatory, but as both have the same property for isolation, I was confused by this.
TZTransacttion is a new component introduced with Zeos 8.0. Until Zeos 7.2 transactions were tied to the the TZConnection component. So if one needed more than one transaction, one had to create another TZConnection.
The ide of TZTransaction is to abstract from this need. On databases that support more than one transaction per connection (afaik Firebird only) TZTransaction will create a new transaction on that connection.
On databases that only support one transaction per connection (all databases except Firebird) Zeos will create a second connection that simulates another transaction.

Even though we have TZTransaction, the default mode of operation still is to use the transaction that is included in the TZConnection component.
MRN wrote: 10.01.2023, 16:15 Am I obliged to use CachedUpdates with lazarus and apply them before recording
No - plaese don't use CachedUpdates. Use transactions instead.

Best regards,

Jan
miab3
Zeos Test Team
Zeos Test Team

Post by miab3 »

MRN wrote: 10.01.2023, 16:15 Am I obliged to use CachedUpdates with lazarus
ZEOS can be used in three modes: autocommit, explicit transactions and cacheupdate.

Michał
MRN
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by MRN »

Thank you very much
:D