Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

tomazzupan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Connecting to Oracle problem

Post by tomazzupan »

Hi!

I have an application which I am trying to convert to Zeos. Part of it is a form in a dll which I use to select information from dbgrid. If I add ZConnection component to this form and connect with it to oracle database (oracle or oracle-9i protocol) then the whole application closes when exiting this dll. This does not happen if I connect to postgresql 8 database. I am using testing branch, revision 54 with D6.
Any idea how to locate the reason for this problem?

LP, Tomaž
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

I am not as experienced about dll usage/behave but ..could it be an exception raising in the dll/zeos, not beeing catched and leading to a total program termination? So if this is the cause you shall catch them all in the dll and print them out to locate. Just a guess..
fabian
tomazzupan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tomazzupan »

Terence wrote:I am not as experienced about dll usage/behave but ..could it be an exception raising in the dll/zeos, not beeing catched and leading to a total program termination? So if this is the cause you shall catch them all in the dll and print them out to locate. Just a guess..
Form completes onClose and onDestroy events and after that application terminates.

I tried to create and destroy ZConnection dynamicaly and situation is the same.

LP, Tomaž