Writing Blobs from Streams Failing in SQLite... SOMETIMES...

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Re: Writing Blobs from Streams Failing in SQLite... SOMETIMES...

Post by Fr0sT »

Well, common approach to solving almost any issue is localize it first. So trace all the lines up to DB client lib call and push checks here and there (luckily Zeos comes with sources so you can modify the code).

Another way is to find the exact Zeos commit which introduced the issue. If you say you've had no such issues with v7 then revert to v7 commit and then apply further commits til the issue appears. You can use Git's bisect feature to reduce iterations.

Btw, do you use the same SQLite lib when issue happens and when not? Maybe it's not a Zeos fault?
BytePlayer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by BytePlayer »

Yes, the SQLLib is the same.

Okay, it just stopped doing it after I did nothing about it. Lovely, so much for tracking THAT down.

Quick question -- is there any way (short of writing a SQLLite Function) to send the binary data in an INSERT QUERY?
BytePlayer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by BytePlayer »

Uh... never mind about what I said about it going away -- I had to set to suppress the messages outside of the IDE. But it's still happening so I guess I'll try reverting to some earlier versions...