Is ZeosDBO 6.5.1(alpha) is stable release?

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

cipto_kh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Is ZeosDBO 6.5.1(alpha) is stable release?

Post by cipto_kh »

I want to ask about the status of ZeosDBO 6.5.1, why it still in alpha version since 13 Oct 2005? Can I have the stable release of ZeosDBO? What version?

TIA
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi, the status of ZEOSDBO 6.5.1 is rather beta than alpha, I would think. At least for the SVN trunk branch. (see details in other threads)

This means :
- features for first productions release are more or less fixed.
- some installations are still broken (eg lazarus installation) but most problems can be fixed by a normal developer. (Except for Delphi5, I think)
- few real bugs remain. (Dangerous statement, I know)
- quite some people are already using ZeosLib in production environments
- the (very small) development team is working towards a stable version to release, probably first releasing an official beta.
- feature requests are more or less ignored. If you want to add a new feature, feel free to do so, but it will probably not be integrated in this release, but be put forward to then next.
- bug reports are more than welcome.
- a release date is still unknown. Reason is mainly that the lack of time the project leaders feel for the moment. The hope to be able to do it soon, for what that's worth , of course.

Bug reports:
- make sure you use SVN trunk or testing branch. Testing branch has all newest fixes included.
- if you fix it yourself (yeah, such people exist), please send a SVN patch. That avoids us doing all your work over.
- if you're sure it's a bug , send your report to the 'Bug Reports' section of this forum. if you think you might be doing something wrong, please use the general version 6.5.1 Forum. If you include a patch, do it in the 'User Patches', section.

Hope this doesn't disappoint you to much.

Mark