Announcements from the ZeosLib Development Team

Moderator: gto

Stevie
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

New component: TZSequence

Post by Stevie »

Dear users,

today I have finished the work on our new TZSequence-Component!
With this component you have direct access to sequences/generators on your database. You can get the current or next value to initialize key-fields for example.

Currently only Interbase/Firebird is supported but others will follow in the near future.

[schild=11 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Check it out!!![/schild]

Regards
Stevie
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. (Albert Einstein)
Stevie
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Stevie »

Dear users,

now the components TZQuery and TZTable have both support for TZSequence implemented.
Just link a TZSequence-Object to one of them and set SequenceField property to fill this field with TZSequence.GetNextValue if it IsNull when posting.

Regards
Stevie
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. (Albert Einstein)
darkbrain
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: New component: TZSequence

Post by darkbrain »

Stevie wrote: Currently only Interbase/Firebird is supported but others will follow in the near future.
Very intresting feature, but how many DBMS can handle these generators? Oracle and db2 seems ok but the others?

bye,
DarkBrain
Viktor_Zh
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Viktor_Zh »

Hello Stevie.
ZeosLib - the great instrument for using with native sybase client library. But I have one problem.
I need open table on Sybase ASE 12.0 Server, then contains Cyrrilic symbols (code page Win cp1251). But symbols are displayed like not recognized (hieroglyphs).
Can I hope for fixing this bug?
Thank you,
Best regards,
Viktor
Odessa, Ukraine.

Mery Christmas! :mrgreen: