In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

IbeDBob
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

SQLite and/or Zeos causing crash with win8

Post by IbeDBob »

Hi All,

I was just copying a system (been working for years on win7) over to win8 and everything runs (9 other programs) except the two apps that use SQLite3. This was built using D5ent and ZEOS 6.6. Can't go to Zeos 7 as it will not compile in D5 and I really do not want to convert this to 2007.

Both crash with "SQL Error: Library routine called out of sequence."

I have no idea what that means or how to fix it. I tried moving he entire thing to a less-restricted part of the HDD and still the same error. By less-restricted, I mean out of the "Program Files" Folders.

Any thoughts to get me over this?

By the way, I copied the entire Folder structures over, so it can be nothing to do with Paths.

Thanks
Thanks

Dyslexic Bob
IbeDBob
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by IbeDBob »

OK, problem worked around, but not a solution.

On a wild Hare, I created a 5G Truecrypt container and formatted it NTFS and copied the Folder structure to it and it all works perfectly.

So, while not AN answer, it appears to me that this IS a MSoft problem, or maybe an SQLite3 problem. Suffice to say we can run the system in the Truecrypt container with a short and pithy password.

Just as a double-check, I used an SD card with the Folder structure on it and plugged it into the win8 PC. It ran all of the applications perfectly. The SD card had been formatted NTFS, but not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

So, win8 will run the apps with SQLIte3 as long as they are not on the win8 C: drive. And, before anyone leaps in with an assumption, the original system was win7 pro and everything was running fine on the win7 C: drive.
Thanks

Dyslexic Bob
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello IbeDBob,

just a wild guess: Did you try to use to most up to date SQLite libraries (Version 3.7.17)?
Best regards,

Jan