Best/Right approch for master/Detail

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
louis
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Best/Right approch for master/Detail

Post by louis »

marsupilami wrote: 02.05.2021, 08:11 One more word though: I don't know your requirements.
I also construct the invoice in the same way and assign the number from the server in a trigger BeforeInsert of master table.

My approch all or nothing is because the invoice update the quantity of items in depts, update customers credit and so on... and then for the legacy because of the origin in the use of paradox :oops:

Thanks
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

aehimself wrote: 02.05.2021, 14:59
DPStano wrote: 01.05.2021, 10:54LGPL, our code is not open
Just a quick question... I'm far away from completely understanding all conditions of licenses (or being a lawyer) but according to LGPL changes made to the original source must be made public, no?
I assume that the LGPL has similar restrictions as the GPL. As far as I remember, oit says that IF you distribute the software, you have to distribute it with the source code included. Soo.. as long as they use Zeos as a basis for an internal project they are fine. If they decide to distribute it, they would have to give their modified Zeos to the people they give their software to.
So - you don't have to make it public but you have to give it to the people that you give your software to.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

louis wrote: 02.05.2021, 15:59 My approch all or nothing is because the invoice update the quantity of items in depts, update customers credit and so on...
Ok - that is quite a lot.
louis wrote: 02.05.2021, 15:59 and then for the legacy because of the origin in the use of paradox :oops:
Don't worry - a legacy in Paradox doesn't need to be bad. So it sounds like your users already know that aproach. So it is the right way to go ;)
DPStano
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by DPStano »

aehimself wrote: 02.05.2021, 14:59
DPStano wrote: 01.05.2021, 10:54LGPL, our code is not open
Just a quick question... I'm far away from completely understanding all conditions of licenses (or being a lawyer) but according to LGPL changes made to the original source must be made public, no?
we are not modifying the library in any way and not deriving from library classes it was prohibited by our layers
aehimself
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by aehimself »

DPStano wrote: 05.06.2021, 23:57we are not modifying the library in any way and not deriving from library classes it was prohibited by our layers
I mean this topic is kind of dead, it's none of my business and I'm sure noone will enforce any legal action but this comment kinda contradicts your statement:
DPStano wrote: 01.05.2021, 00:29rewrote a huge part of zeos 7.x to prevent that
Again, I consider the topic closed. Starting a legal or any other inflammatory discussion is completely out of my interest.
Delphi 12.1, Zeos 8 from latest GIT snapshot
Using:
- MySQL server 8.0.18; libmariadb.dll 3.3.8
- Oracle server 11.2.0, 12.1.0, 19.0.0; oci.dll 21.13
- MSSQL 2012, 2019; sybdb.dll FreeTDS_2435
- SQLite 3.45.2