ZeosLib 8.0 r7460 Compilation Error

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

ZeosLib 8.0 r7460 Compilation Error

Post by JD »

Hi there everyone,

My environment:
Lazarus 2.1.0/FPC 3.2
mORMot version 1.18.6270
ZeosLib 8.0 r7460

I am having a very strange compilation error with Zeos 8.0

The compilation error was there in previous versions shows up once in a while and then later goes away. I decided to update to the latest version r7460 but I still have the problem.

The problem is on line 649 of ZExpression.pas
lazarus_rHjaOtyp9j.png

The FPC compiler says:
ZExpression.pas(649,23) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got "Class Of IZFunction", expected "TClass"
vALYRTnDvH.png
How do I get around this problem?

Cheers,

JD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: ZeosLib 8.0 r7460 Compilation Error

Post by marsupilami »

Hello JD,

hmm - we are not currently seeing this problem. But then we currently test with FPC 3.2-fixes. Could you check (using fpclazup?) if this problem still occurs with FPC 3.2-fixes?

Best regards,

Jan
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by JD »

Hi there Jan,

Thanks for your reply and your suggestion. I installed a new copy of Lazarus with FPC 3.2 fixes and the result was the same. The compiler threw out line 649 of ZExpression.pas.

As you can see from the image below, my installation of FPC 3.2 fixes was successful.
Installing FPC 3.2 fixes.png
Cheers,

Jide
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Jide,

I id some tests today: I took the latest Zeos 8.0 and compiled it using Lazarus 2.0.12 and FPC 3.2.0 which in turn were generated using fpcupdeluxe. In my tests Zeos compiles for x86 as well as for x86_64 on my Windows 7 64 Bits VM.

So - what advice can I give:
  • Please make sure that there are no old compiled files from Zeos. There are reports that fpc might use outdated files from time to time. Before compiling our test suite I usually delete the following files: *.exe, *.o, *.ppu, *.a, *.rsj, *.compiled, *.or, *.res. Maybe it is a good idea to use SVN cleanup to delete any unversioned files.
  • Reset Zeos.inc and ZeosLazarus.inc to their default values, in case you modified them.
  • Make sure to compile the packages in this order:
    1. zcore
    2. zparsesql
    3. zplain
    4. zdbc
    5. zcomponent
    6. zcomponentdesign
Best regards,

Jan
miab3
Zeos Test Team
Zeos Test Team

Post by miab3 »

Hi JD,

Why don't you use the "official" version Lazarus 2.0.12 ?.
As far as I know, version 2.10 is not planned, only 2.0.14 and I hope 2.2.

Michał
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by JD »

marsupilami wrote: 23.04.2021, 09:29 Hello Jide,

I id some tests today: I took the latest Zeos 8.0 and compiled it using Lazarus 2.0.12 and FPC 3.2.0 which in turn were generated using fpcupdeluxe. In my tests Zeos compiles for x86 as well as for x86_64 on my Windows 7 64 Bits VM.

So - what advice can I give:
  • Please make sure that there are no old compiled files from Zeos. There are reports that fpc might use outdated files from time to time. Before compiling our test suite I usually delete the following files: *.exe, *.o, *.ppu, *.a, *.rsj, *.compiled, *.or, *.res. Maybe it is a good idea to use SVN cleanup to delete any unversioned files.
  • Reset Zeos.inc and ZeosLazarus.inc to their default values, in case you modified them.
  • Make sure to compile the packages in this order:
    1. zcore
    2. zparsesql
    3. zplain
    4. zdbc
    5. zcomponent
    6. zcomponentdesign
Best regards,

Jan
Hello Jan,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I think the problem started because I wanted to choose between using SynDBPostgres from mORMot or the Zoes library. I have compiler defines that do this. I've decided to keep just SynDBPostgres for the old project.

When I created a new project using just Zeos, everything worked as it should.

Thanks,

JD
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by JD »

miab3 wrote: 23.04.2021, 21:17 Hi JD,

Why don't you use the "official" version Lazarus 2.0.12 ?.
As far as I know, version 2.10 is not planned, only 2.0.14 and I hope 2.2.

Michał
Hi there Michal,

I had to go with an unofficial version because there were some recent modifications in trunk to some components I use that the official version cannot compile.

In any case, I've decided to limit myself to backend server, non-GUI development with Lazarus except for exceptional cases. I use the mORMot framework with the Zeos library for this.

Cheers,

JD