Crash with invalid data size

In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

IbeDBob
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Crash with invalid data size

Post by IbeDBob »

Man I am making this thing crash and burn a lot.

I have a VARCHAR2 Field of 10,000 Bytes and during the initiating process Zeos crashes with invalid data size.

Stepping through it, the Size in question is 4223943 which I would agree should invalid.

If I can't have 10,000 characters, then how can I have a memo?

Currently it appears that SQLite will not store more than 255 Bytes in a memo and now Zeos will not let me have a 10,000 VARCHAR2.

I tried with 5000 an it worked OK, but I needed more.

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Thanks
Thanks

Dyslexic Bob
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello IbeDBob,

I don't know nothing about Zeos 6 and SQLite 3. But if you have this many problems, maybe you should consider using Firebird embedded or something like this?
For Firebird I know that it works well up to Version 2.1 with Zeos 6 and Delphi 6.

Best regards,

Jan
IbeDBob
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by IbeDBob »

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the comment, I was thinking along the same lines. Time to quit with SQLite.

With thanks to a guy on another forum, it turned out to be a data limit of dsMaxStringSize=8192 for DataSets.

I did some more searching and there is a Data Type for SQLite of BLOB_TEXT - and that appears to be working OK. So it looks like Zeos and SQLite may still be getting along.

One more crash and I will be going to Firebird. Not sure why I am sticking with SQLite but I guess, better the Devil I know. :)
Thanks

Dyslexic Bob