zeosdbo from cvs, lazarus and fpc

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

eliast
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by eliast »

Hy there.
Also the same problem, the platform is Win32. having lazarus 0.9.11, fpc 2.1.X, latest cvs of zeosdb.

when trying to apply the diff file I got:
patching file `packages/lazarus/zcomponent.lpk'
Assertion failed: hunk, file patch.c, line 321

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

after this I applied the patch by hand, DOWNLOADED FPC 2.0 applied on lazarus 0.9.11, and no problems now. However why don't you ut this patch into the CVS tree. Anyway, not too much active development seen in last months...
barko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by barko »

jrmarino wrote:Okay, here's the update.

I removed the entire CVS repository and reinstalled zeros_rework branch. I then applied the patch.

I got the same exact error page that I posted before. I'm not sure why this isn't working for me, because I'm following all the instructions
go here and download my zeosdbo, it's patched.
barko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by barko »

eliast wrote: However why don't you ut this patch into the CVS tree. Anyway, not too much active development seen in last months...
I do not have access to CVS. Sorry.

About error: I have linux, you have windows with #13#10 lines end... my patch is for #10 line end... maybe is this issue...
xpike
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by xpike »

everybody, I am a real lamer so I write the happenings in full....

i am on win32 platform and installed FPC 2.0.2 and lazarus 0.9.10 beta
and now I am struggling with ZEOS.
First I naively downloaded zeosdbo-6.5.1-alpha_cvs_13-10-2005.zip. At ZDBC I naturally stucked. I did not really get what is ZEOSDBO_rework as I could not find it. Anyhow, thanks to jrmarino

I've now downloaded the patched ZEOSDBO_rework, and now i am trying to install the packages for lazarus. I installed in the right order i hope, but after rebuilding i could not see the components on the components-pallette. WHY?? (btw at "configure installed packages" menu item I can see the installed zeos...)
thanks if anyone knows the answer
xpike
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by xpike »

hi all,
I had to reinstall zcomponents, and rebuild and now i can see everything and it works fine.
danny
barko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by barko »

from 09.03.2006 on is zeosdbo useable on fpc 2.1.1 (latest from svn) again :)
bee
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

failed!

Post by bee »

I've download the file from http://www.opinfos.com/tempo/zeos/zeosdbo_rework.tar.gz then install it on Lazarus 0.9.12 (FPC 2.0.2.a) on WinXP SP 2. No diff files found within the downloaded file, so I assumed I could install it without any modifications required. Then I compiled the package files on {$ZEOS_DIR}\packages\lazarus folder. All required packages compiled successfully.

Lazarus build (compile and then link) completed successfully, no compile time errors found. But, then the new executable of Lazarus can't be started. It raised error box, then terminated (error box screenshot attached). I got no hints how to solve this situations. Any helps will be very much appreciated.

BTW, I don't like this kind of Zeos patched/rework solutions for Lazarus. I hope the next version of Zeos (7.0?) will support Lazarus natively, since the current version (and the later) of Lazarus (FPC) already has everything Zeos needed.

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bee on 10.03.2006, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
barko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by barko »

try this version of lazarus and fpc: ftp://ftp.de.freepascal.org/pub/lazarus ... -win32.exe
bee
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by bee »

Is there any other alternative URLs for the file? I couldn't download it, due to my internet connection routing. :( Thanks for the quick answer. :D

-Bee-
bee
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by bee »

Is the latest snapshot had already solved bug as discuss here... http://seegernet.koolhost.de/zeosforum/ ... =1693#1693 ???

-Bee-
barko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by barko »

Yes. :) and No... date is ok if you only looking at it... but... if you change it, then is not ok.

this is zeosdbo bug (i think) and not fpc

we are to quick ;)
Last edited by barko on 10.03.2006, 13:04, edited 2 times in total.
bee
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by bee »

alright then... still downloading. thanks barko. :)
bee
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by bee »

Finally... I got Lazarus (v.0.9.13) and Zeos-rework (v.6.5.1) up and running! My great thank goes to Barko, Zeos team, FPC team, and Lazarus team. Keep up the good works, guys! :D

BTW, I'd like to know what are new things on Lazarus 0.9.13 (and FPC v.2.0.3?). I tried to find somekind of "whatsnew.txt" after installation, but I got no luck. :(

-Bee-
bee
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by bee »

Yes, and No... date is ok if you only looking at it... but... if you change it, then is not ok.
How come is this happen? Bug on date/time field is (very) critical, IMO, since almost every db on the world have date/time field. Is there already any workaround for this? Quick and dirty patch would be fine. :D

-Bee-