Major Problem Please Help!!! (':shock:')

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

mdial
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Major Problem Please Help!!! (':shock:')

Post by mdial »

Im not up to speed on all of this stuff, but here is what is going on. I run a POS retail system at my work. I had to get a plugin so that I could get some added functionality. The plugin requires that I download and use Borland Database Engine. My server has no slowdown at all. but the 3 networked cpus have major slowdown but only when using that part of the program. If I use other parts of my program it is perfectly fine.

WHAT CAN I DO? All i read about is how BDE sucks, I dont even know what it is. But all i want to do is use something that is not going to slow me down. I guess the word is looking for something that will allow for fast database access. I read this somewhere.
"The BDE sucks. I always send Borland people to the Zeos driver which
replaces the BDE and the ODBC drivers and has basic Unicode support. They are invariably happier there."

Well what is this guy talking about? I want to be invariably happier!!!

I dont know what i need to download, or get or what. Maybe someone can help me out with this situation!!!.

Thanks to all!!!!
MD :shock:
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi MD,

Zeos can't help you out here. The plugin has been written to use the BDE.
If the plugin had been written using Zeos it wouldn't have needed the bde, just the DLL needed for connectivity with your database.
So ZEOS is not a replacement for the BDE in itself. It merely provides a tool to avoid requiring the BDE when you write a program. If you're stuck with the plugin, you're stuck with the BDE as well...(unless there exists a database interface layer that exactly emulates the BDE, but I never heard about that)

Sorry I had to disappoint you. Hope you find some other solution.

Mark