error with "Ñ" character

This is the international (english) support forum for the SQLite Administrator developed and maintained by Orbmu2k.

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, Orbmu2k

Daimroc
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

error with "Ñ" character

Post by Daimroc »

I am using the last versión of sqlite administrator, and I have a database versión 3.x that is created with the last command line of sqlite.

I have a table with two fields, one autonumeric for the ID and other that is an string for a code.

I use the following statement:

Insert into MyTable(Code) values('AÑO');

If then I do a select, I see the data correctly, but If then I get the information from the table in a C# application, I get A?O or other odd characters, so I think that the information in the database is inserted incorrectly.

Then, I try other sqlite tool, sqlite spy, and I select the information of the table. I can see that the code "AÑO" is incorrect, it is shown as "A?O", so in this tool, I exceute an update to change the actual value to "AÑO".

If I do a select in this tool (sqlite spy) now the information is correct, and if I do a select in sqlite administrator the information is correct too.

Finally, I execute my C# application and now the information is correct, so I think that there is some bug in sqlite administrator when it is used some special characters.

is it possible to solve this problem in a new version? I really like this application, but this problem is important for me.

Thanks.
Daimroc.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Daimroc,
Unfortunately the maintainer of SqliteAdministrator has left his project long ago. We don't even have the sources, so we can't help with a new version.

Sorry,

Mark
Daimroc
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Daimroc »

I don't know that the project is left.

Thanks.
Daimroc.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager