Informix support in Zeos 7.2.8

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
Vodnik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Informix support in Zeos 7.2.8

Post by Vodnik »

Hello!
I have just installed Zeos 7.2.8 into Lazarus.
From Release Notes I discovered that Zeos now support connection to Informix.
Great, this is what I'm looking for!
But I can't find how to set up ZConnection for Informix, there is no such Protocol (see screenshot).
. . .
Attachments do not work: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Informix support in Zeos 7.2.8

Post by marsupilami »

Hello,

I am sorry - that is misleading. Zeos 7.2 supports Informix only via the ADO bridge. And if you use the ADO bridge, we support Sequences on Informix now. The same is true for Zeos 8.0. Egonhugeist might release an Informix driver during the lifetime of Zeos 8.0. You might want to get in contact with him. It is more fun to develop a new driver if there is a user who can test it ;)

Best regards,

Jan
Vodnik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Vodnik »

Ooops... :(
Release Notes also say that support for ODBC is only planned for the future.
So there is no chance to use Zeos for Informix connection (direct or via ODBC) at the moment.
I came to Zeos from Lazarus sqldb because it produce exception on specific SQL request, which is normally run under any ODBC tool.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Vodnik wrote: 13.11.2020, 14:24 Release Notes also say that support for ODBC is only planned for the future.
ODBC support is implemented in Zeos 8.0. Zeos 8.0 is already stable. We only don't release it yet because I still need some time to write the release notes. Zeos 8.0 supports ODBC / OleDB and ADO. For a direct driver please send a message to Egonhugeist. He can tell you what he has and what he doesn't have.

For Zeos 8.0 please download a snapshot here: https://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/code-0/HEAD/tree/branches/8.0-patches

We do answer questions here on the forums.
Vodnik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Vodnik »

Thank You for the advice, I succeeded with Zeos 8.0 installation.
I have discovered two ODBC drivers: odbc_a and odbc_w.
Can you please explain what they are?
I have a Windows 32-bit IBM Informix ODBC driver; which one should be used for it?
EgonHugeist
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by EgonHugeist »

@Vodnic

First of all: Both ODBC protocols are tested and optimized against SQLServer only. So i can't guarantee if it would work.

According your question:
IIRC the Informix is a raw Server so ODBC_A would be my choice.
Determining the charactersets is a bit different made for OleDB/ODBC:
EgonHugeist wrote:
set a custom codepage to notify zeos about conversion routines note: cp must be equal for all fields else use the W driver:
first place in a name
second use ':' for the codepage
third use '/' for the maximum amount of bytes / character equal to database defined charset

example: codepage=latin1:1252/1
example: characterset=utf8:65001/4
Best regards, Michael

You want to help? http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3671
You found a (possible) bug? Use the new bugtracker dude! http://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/