In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

tarnschaf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Compatibility Zeoslib Delphi 2007 - Postgres 9

Post by tarnschaf »

Hi,

this post is meant to be something between a bug report and an information which might save someone some time.

We have a Delphi 2007 (pre-unicode) application which works fine with Zeoslib 6.6.6 and Postgres 8.3 (Debian). After upgrading to Postgres 9 (on a Windows box), numerous encoding problems occured.

The database is set to UTF8, client_encoding to LATIN9 (and I tried different others as well). Special characters like € and § made problems first. I could fix them, but I could not get the ' sign to work. If it is saved and loaded from the database, it is always replaced by an escape sequence.

Trying the same test program with the old 8.3 server saved it correctly, so I will downgrade the database server and hopefully get a stable application again.

If someone knows about a fix, I would be interested anyway. I didn't try any non-stable versions of Postgres yet.
EgonHugeist
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by EgonHugeist »

tarnschaf,

That magic keyword is "Standart_confirming_Strings". Just look to the Postgre documentations. You can force the 9.x series to the old string escaping behavior from PG9.

Michael

Btw. Switch to Zeos7 and you don't need to change something. There i allready did a patch for this changed behavior. And MDeams did also release the first stable previews of Zeos7 on our firmos download location.
Best regards, Michael

You want to help? http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3671
You found a (possible) bug? Use the new bugtracker dude! http://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/

tarnschaf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tarnschaf »

Hi,

thanks for your information. I solved the problem by switching back to Postgres 8.3. However, as soon as Zeos7 is considered stable, I will give it another try!