How to add an item to database keyword list

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
abonic
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

How to add an item to database keyword list

Post by abonic »

I have 'OVER' as the column name in several database tables and it creates problems with MariaDB, since it is a keyword in newer versions. I know where to make a change in ZEOS source but I wonder if there is a way to solve the problem in the application code?

(MariaDb 10.4.12, Zeos 7.3 latest, Delphi 2009)
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: How to add an item to database keyword list

Post by marsupilami »

abonic wrote: 10.05.2020, 09:27 I have 'OVER' as the column name in several database tables and it creates problems with MariaDB, since it is a keyword in newer versions. I know where to make a change in ZEOS source but I wonder if there is a way to solve the problem in the application code?

(MariaDb 10.4.12, Zeos 7.3 latest, Delphi 2009)
Currently there isn't a way to do that. Also I think it really should be maintained in Zeos code. Could you supply a patch file?

Best regards,

Jan
abonic
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by abonic »

I don't use SVN and it's too much work for me to install it now and re-learn the forgotten so here's the change that needs to be made in src\dbc\ZDbcMySqlMetadata.pas:

Code: Select all

function TZMySQLDatabaseInfo.GetSQLKeywords: string;
begin
  Result := 'AUTO_INCREMENT,BINARY,BLOB,ENUM,INFILE,LOAD,MEDIUMINT,OPTION,'
    + 'OUTFILE,REPLACE,SET,TEXT,UNSIGNED,ZEROFILL';
  { mdaems : added all reserved words indicated by mysql documentation (up to mysql 5.1)}
  Result := Result + 'ACCESSIBLE,ADD,ALL,ANALYZE,AND,ASC,ASENSITIVE,'
    + 'BEFORE,BETWEEN,BIGINT,BOTH,CALL,CASCADE,CASE,CHANGE,CHARACTER,CHECK,'
    + 'COLLATE,CONDITION,CONSTRAINT,CONTINUE,CONVERT,CROSS,CURSOR,'
    + 'DATABASE,DATABASES,DAY_HOUR,DAY_MICROSECOND,DAY_MINUTE,DAY_SECOND,'
    + 'DEC,DECIMAL,DECLARE,DEFAULT,DELAYED,DESC,DESCRIBE,DETERMINISTIC,'
    + 'DISTINCT,DISTINCTROW,DIV,DOUBLE,DUAL,EACH,ELSE,ELSEIF,ENCLOSED,'
    + 'ESCAPED,EXISTS,EXIT,EXPLAIN,FALSE,FETCH,FLOAT,FLOAT4,FLOAT8,'
    + 'FORCE,FOREIGN,FULLTEXT,GENERAL,GRANT,HIGH_PRIORITY,HOUR_MICROSECOND,'
    + 'HOUR_MINUTE,HOUR_SECOND,IF,IGNORE,IGNORE_SERVER_IDS,IN,INNER,INOUT,INSENSITIVE,INT,'
    + 'INT1,INT2,INT3,INT4,INT8,INTERVAL,ITERATE,JOIN,KEYS,KILL,LEADING,'
    + 'LEAVE,LEFT,LIKE,LIMIT,LINEAR,LINES,LOCK,'
    + 'LONG,LONGBLOB,LONGTEXT,LOOP,LOW_PRIORITY,MASTER_HEARTBEAT_PERIOD,MASTER_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT,'
    + 'MATCH,MAXVALUE,MEDIUMBLOB,MEDIUMTEXT,MIDDLEINT,MINUTE_MICROSECOND,MINUTE_SECOND,'
    + 'MOD,MODIFIES,NATURAL,NOT,NO_WRITE_TO_BINLOG,NUMERIC,OPTIMIZE,'
    + 'OPTIONALLY,OR,OUT,OUTER,PRECISION,PROCEDURE,PURGE,RANGE,READ,READS,'
    + 'READ_ONLY,READ_WRITE,REAL,REFERENCES,REGEXP,RELEASE,RENAME,REPEAT,'
    + 'REQUIRE,RESIGNAL,SIGNAL,RESTRICT,RETURN,REVOKE,RIGHT,RLIKE,SCHEMA,SCHEMAS,'
    + 'SECOND_MICROSECOND,SENSITIVE,SEPARATOR,SHOW,SLOW,SMALLINT,SPATIAL,'
    + 'SPECIFIC,SQL,SQLEXCEPTION,SQLSTATE,SQLWARNING,SQL_BIG_RESULT,'
    + 'SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS,SQL_SMALL_RESULT,SSL,STARTING,STRAIGHT_JOIN,'
    + 'TERMINATED,THEN,TINYBLOB,TINYINT,TINYTEXT,TO,TRAILING,TRIGGER,'
    + 'TRUE,UNDO,UNION,UNIQUE,UNLOCK,USAGE,USE,USING,UTC_DATE,UTC_TIME,'
    + 'UTC_TIMESTAMP,VARBINARY,VARCHARACTER,VARYING,WHEN,WHILE,WITH,'
    + 'WRITE,X509,XOR,YEAR_MONTH,ACCESSIBLE,LINEAR,'
    + 'MASTER_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT,RANGE,READ_ONLY,READ_WRITE';
// patch start ********************************************************************************* 
  { more reserved words (up to mysql 8) }  
    Result := Result + 'CUBE,CUME_DIST,DENSE_RANK,EMPTY,EXCEPT,FIRST_VALUE,FUNCTION,'
    + 'GENERATED,GET,GROUPING,GROUPS,IO_AFTER_GTIDS,IO_BEFORE_GTIDS,JSON_TABLE,'
    + 'LAG,LAST_VALUE,LATERAL,LEAD,MASTER_BIND,NTH_VALUE,NTILE,OF,OPTIMIZER_COSTS,OVER,'
    + 'PARTITION,PERCENT_RANK,RANK,RECURSIVE,ROW,ROWS,ROW_NUMBER,STORED,SYSTEM,VIRTUAL,WINDOW';
// patch end ***********************************************************************************     
end;
These are new reserved words from MySQL 8 (according to https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/keywords.html) that are not in the already existing list defined by SQL92Keywords constant (ZDbcMetaData.pas) and GetSQLKeywords, GetNumericFunctions, GetStringFunctions, GetSystemFunctions, GetTimeDateFunctions (ZDbcMySqlMetadata.pas).

These are just reserved words (labeled (R) in the linked document), not all new keywords. There are too many of them so I’m not sure how smart it would be to include them as well.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

abonic wrote: 10.05.2020, 18:54 I don't use SVN and it's too much work for me to install it now and re-learn the forgotten [...]
ok - don't worry :) If you use git, there is an unofficial repository at https://github.com/marsupilami79/zeoslib. Changes show up there with a delay of one day since it gets updated at night only.
abonic wrote: 10.05.2020, 18:54 These are new reserved words from MySQL 8 (according to https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/keywords.html) that are not in the already existing list defined by SQL92Keywords constant (ZDbcMetaData.pas) and GetSQLKeywords, GetNumericFunctions, GetStringFunctions, GetSystemFunctions, GetTimeDateFunctions (ZDbcMySqlMetadata.pas).

These are just reserved words (labeled (R) in the linked document), not all new keywords. There are too many of them so I’m not sure how smart it would be to include them as well.
I added your changes to Zeos 7.3 in revision 6506. Could cou check please if this works as expected?

Best regards,

Jan
abonic
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by abonic »

Added reserved words include changes from version 5.1 to 8, so it's wrong to include them only if the latest version of MySQL is detected. It is not "starting with v8", it's "up to v8".

Besides, there is MariaDb and its versions. As things stand now (r6507), 'OVER' (the keyword that started all this) is not recognized as reserved word with MariaDb (which I am trying to use) or any other forks.

Code: Select all

if fMySQLFork = fMySQL then begin
      GetVersion(Major, Minor);
      if Major >= 8 then begin
In my opinion, it is best to delete this part and just include new reserved words unconditionally.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

It is included unconditionally now. :)
abonic
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by abonic »

Tested with r6516 and it now works ok. Thank you.