Latest version from SVN and Firebird and åäö on ISO8859_1

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

frla
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Latest version from SVN and Firebird and åäö on ISO8859_1

Post by frla »

I am using standard Delphi controls and storing åäö results in weird character when I read them from the database again. I can imagine that it saves my characters as Unicode but reading them back normally which results in weird characters (even though åäö is weird characters to some... :) ).

How can I solve it? I have tried different settings but it only seem to apply for MySQL but I am using Firebird and a ISO8859_1-database with data in it...

Help plz... :)
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello frla,

which version of Delphi do you use? Did you set the CODPAGE parameter in TZConnection? If yes to which value did you set it?
Best regards,

Jan
frla
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by frla »

No, I didn't see the codepage-parameter but I tried to set it but nothing happened.. I assume you mean something like CODEPAGE=ISO8859_1? I am using Delphi XE. I recompiled the project in Delphi 5 with Zeos 6.6 where it works.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello frla,

I tried to make a patch that allows Delphi XE to access firebird databases and use Unicode. This patch might help you too. You can find it in the Thread http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?p=13635#13635.
Please apply this Patch to Zeos 7 and add the line "CODEPAGE=UTF8" to the "Properties"-Property of your TZConnection-Object.
This tells firebird to translate between your database character set and Unicode. Please let me know if this helps you.
Best regards,

Jan
frla
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by frla »

Hmm.. it works if I use a DBMemo but when I use Developer Express controls (Grid + their DBMemo) it doesn't work. Do they send the text to the table in a different format perhaps?

I tried with standard dbedit earlier so the patch seems to fix something...
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hmm - I only tested for the normal DBEdit and DBGrid. Can you explain in greater Detail what happens or make a small screenshot? I don't have the Developer Express controls, so I can't test with them.
EgonHugeist
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by EgonHugeist »

frla,

there is an additional testing-branch on Sourceforge called testing-egonhugeist. Can you please test my modifications and tell me what happens to you DBExpress-Memo components? marsupilami's patch fixes many problems but actually there was a mess of Unicode-Blob fields which you are usings for your Memo's or am i wrong. Can you please do some Bugreports? There it should be possible to use your favorite CharacterSet..

regards EgonHugeist..
Best regards, Michael

You want to help? http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3671
You found a (possible) bug? Use the new bugtracker dude! http://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/