Venting

In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

thaimann
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Venting

Post by thaimann »

I have an app written in Lazarus using Zeos to access a MySQL Database. When I switched to 64bit computers, my app no longer works. MySQL 5.1 came out in 2007, we are in the third quarter 2011. Why does Zeosdbo not have a 5.1 connector yet. 64 Bit Computers are now the standard, with 32 bit computers becoming rarer all of the time.

I have heard it argued that MySQL is hard to work with, but ...

Your connector for PostgreSQL is looking for libpq.so.4, the last release to use that library was version 8.1, version 8.2 went live in 2006.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Did you try the latest trunk snapshots?
Have a look at http://zeosdownloads.firmos.at/downloads/snapshots/ there's even a preview for 7.0.1-alpha available at the moment.

Using these it should be possible to connect on a 64bit machine, using mysql 64 bit libraries and fpc64.

Mark
thaimann
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by thaimann »

My apology, Postrgre library does work. My install was messed up. I would like MySQL working though. Postgre is harder to config & to use and is overkill for personal databases. It is better suited to mission critical situations and is not really needed in home computing environment.

TH
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Mysql doesn't work, even with a recent 7.x snapshot? Please, tell us exactly what combination isn't working.