ZConnection - force a complete reload of database libraries

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Re: ZConnection - force a complete reload of database libraries

Post by Fr0sT »

marsupilami wrote: Having a small bash script execute these commands once per hour is no problem. The problem is that I have no clue (yet) on how to store the necessary credentials with git since it seems that I canot provide them on the command line.
The simplest solution is to edit %repo%\.git\config, change field "url" to include credentials: https://username:password@github.com/...
Btw, Github refuses your invitation for me with message "Sorry, we couldn't find that repository invitation. It is possible that the invitation was revoked or that you are not logged into the invited account. ", could you try finding by name "Fr0sT-Brutal".
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Fr0sT wrote:The simplest solution is to edit %repo%\.git\config, change field "url" to include credentials: https://username:password@github.com/...
Unfortunately that didn't work out (yet). I was still asked for my Sourceforge password (ssh type URL) and for github it doesn't work out because I have the # char in my password that seems to have a special meaning in URLs. Bit I seem to remember, that a credential manager can be enabled that can store usernames and passwords.
Fr0sT wrote:Btw, Github refuses your invitation for me with message "Sorry, we couldn't find that repository invitation. It is possible that the invitation was revoked or that you are not logged into the invited account. ", could you try finding by name "Fr0sT-Brutal".
I revoked that invitation. I tried to find a way to tell github that your commits were done by you, so they could be attributed to your account on github. But that only seems to work when importing an external repository and when I really pushed it from my computer.
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Fr0sT »

marsupilami wrote:Unfortunately that didn't work out (yet). I was still asked for my Sourceforge password (ssh type URL) and for github it doesn't work out because I have the # char in my password that seems to have a special meaning in URLs. Bit I seem to remember, that a credential manager can be enabled that can store usernames and passwords.
Yes, ssh won't work as such, but Github's http could, just replace your # by URL-encoding, like %20 is space etc.
And yes, credential helpers are more powerful thing, I have an article regarding this tool.
I revoked that invitation. I tried to find a way to tell github that your commits were done by you, so they could be attributed to your account on github. But that only seems to work when importing an external repository and when I really pushed it from my computer.
Don't worry, no problem :)
aehimself
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by aehimself »

I see @Jan you are not using Windows, but it might help other fellas one day. In my Git global config I set

[credential]
helper = manager

First time during sync VS code asked for a user name / password and saved it to Network Passwords. And never asked again :)
Delphi 12.1, Zeos 8 from latest GIT snapshot
Using:
- MySQL server 8.0.18; libmariadb.dll 3.3.8
- Oracle server 11.2.0, 12.1.0, 19.0.0; oci.dll 21.13
- MSSQL 2012, 2019; sybdb.dll FreeTDS_2435
- SQLite 3.45.2
aehimself
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by aehimself »

Fyi, two ways to keep an SVN repo in sync with GitHub automatically:

https://github.com/frones/ZeosLib/issues/1 (see comments)
https://github.com/gabrys/svn2github They say this used to be an online service, but this script was the heart of it
Using:
- SQLite 3.45.2
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

aehimself wrote:I see @Jan you are not using Windows, but it might help other fellas one day. In my Git global config I set

[credential]
helper = manager

First time during sync VS code asked for a user name / password and saved it to Network Passwords. And never asked again :)
I assume, the same can be done in the local configuration of a repository. I will try that later on :)
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Soo - I found the way to store credentials with git on Linux:

Code: Select all

git config credential.helper store
This will store the credentials as plain text in a hidden file.
aehimself
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by aehimself »

So I checked in a minimalistic test for .AbortOperation but as I have 0 experience with unit testing I don't know how to include it in the suite. I guess I'd have to put it in ZTestconnection, but I have no idea on how to run it :)

Or maybe it should be a completely separate test for ZMethodInThread & .AbortOperation...?

https://github.com/aehimself/zeoslib/co ... 233382b6cc
Using:
- SQLite 3.45.2
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

aehimself wrote:So I checked in a minimalistic test for .AbortOperation but as I have 0 experience with unit testing I don't know how to include it in the suite. I guess I'd have to put it in ZTestconnection, but I have no idea on how to run it :)

Or maybe it should be a completely separate test for ZMethodInThread & .AbortOperation...?

https://github.com/aehimself/zeoslib/co ... 233382b6cc
Sorry - I didn't get around to review that yet. I hope, that I can do that during the weekend.
aehimself
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by aehimself »

marsupilami wrote:Sorry - I didn't get around to review that yet. I hope, that I can do that during the weekend.
Can... :) Whenever you have time, it's not urgent at all.
Using:
- SQLite 3.45.2