Forum related to MySQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

eljotarojas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Error mysql5+zeos6+delphi7+winxp

Post by eljotarojas »

Greetings,
I’m using Delphi with Update_1, mysql 5.1 locally, zeos 6.6.6 stable, libmysql.dll running on Windows XP SP2, when launching my program on Delphi, this connects to the database and my problem starts when it shuts down, this action triggers this exception with ntdll.dll library.

Also when running it triggers these completely unusual errors. These Errors come up when executing my software from Delphi and from outside of Delphi (only the exe file). I’ve tried also connects to a remote database server but it happens again (the same errors).

Tried with Interbase and working just fine, no problems. The data associated to this zconnection are:

Protocol= ‘mysql-5’
HostName = ‘localhost’
Database= ‘xxxxxx’
User= ‘root’
Password= ‘mysql’

I’ve tried the same software on Windows 7 and no errors, not even running or closing it.

I definitely need to keep working with mysql, so moving to interbase is not an option for me, and cannot upgrade to win 7 on this machine with these problems.

Thanks on advance.
seawolf
Zeos Dev Team *
Zeos Dev Team *

Post by seawolf »

Just some question:
Are the dlls the same on Xp and Seven?
And Are the OS 32 bits?

It looks like on Xp some dlls are missing or wrong version
Pitfiend
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Pitfiend »

Maybe you are a dll hells' victim. In some Delphi 7 installation there is a very old libmysql.dll installed. I remember to have a similar trouble long time ago. Everything was ok, except that when trying to connect to database from IDE or my app, there always was an exception failure. I found that the bin folder had an outdated library, after replacing it with a fresh one, no more troubles. I think that it is installed as part of the midas drivers.
jeremicm
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by jeremicm »

ntdll.dll gets damaged very often.... reinstall XP and all your problem should be solved....
eljotarojas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by eljotarojas »

Hi fellows, I've tried with a new fresh windows XP installation and again i got the same damned errors. This libmysql.dll was obtained from a mysql front-end instalation. Could someone send me a error free .dll version (or just one that you think works fine) ? Please, because, in fact also tried installing mysql-odbc connector, creating a dsn then connecting using ADO as protocol and everything runs as it should be.

Both (XP and 7) are 32 bits, and replaced the original ntdll.dll from win XP with the win 7 version and again… still not solved.

Regards.
Pitfiend
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Pitfiend »

From what you tell us, I'm sure you have a mix of versions in the path. You must search your entire harddisk for libmysql.dll and be sure to keep only the newer (replacing the older with the newer in the same place you found the older).
coliv_aja
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by coliv_aja »

eljotarojas wrote:Hi fellows, I've tried with a new fresh windows XP installation and again i got the same damned errors. This libmysql.dll was obtained from a mysql front-end instalation. Could someone send me a error free .dll version (or just one that you think works fine) ? Please, because, in fact also tried installing mysql-odbc connector, creating a dsn then connecting using ADO as protocol and everything runs as it should be.

Both (XP and 7) are 32 bits, and replaced the original ntdll.dll from win XP with the win 7 version and again… still not solved.

Regards.
Exactly as pitfiend say,
im got that issue also in the first time im using zeoslib,
just use mysql as protocol, whatever your version, if you choose mysql-5 it will searching for libmysql5.dll or libmysqld5xx xxx
to fix it you must find libmysql.dll on your system, usually in system32, rename it ti something, or maybe its libmysql.dll in your delphi bin(search libmysql in your delphi installatian, usually in bin folder). rename it, in order zeos cant find libmysql
if you try to connect, zeos should say about missing libmysql.dll bla bla , if not its another libmysql in your system.. find it,,
and then put your new libmysql.dll to your project dir, i can suggest you to not include libmysql.dll in your build file because mysql too often to updates version. so you can put a new libmysql if you'r switching to another mysql version, its simply,
you can get libmysql.dll from your mysql installation, if you'r using mysql installer, it should installed to system32 also, or you can find in installation directory, if you'r using php/web server packages, find in installation directory, usually in bin(eg, for xampp ,c:xampp/mysql/bin or xampp/mysql/lib)
different version of mysql you should use different lib file, i have tested libmysql version 5.5.1 cant connect to mysql 5.5.8 above.
same as 32 or 64bit version, if target machine using mysql for 64bit you must put 64bit lib.

zeoslib is simply and powerfull , if you switching to new version mysql, just replace libmysql on your project dir, i have tested to mysql 6 its wonderful library :D

sorry bad english :wink: