Forum related to SQLite

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Phisatho
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

zQuery.Fieldbynumber

Post by Phisatho »

Hi,
Does the ZQuery component has a FieldbyNumber property (similar to FieldbyName)?
I found one as Fields.FieldbyNumber, but it does not work as I expected.
Pitfiend
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Pitfiend »

You don't need a fieldbynumber function, just use .fields[index] attribute where index is a variable, constant or just a number.
Phisatho
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Phisatho »

Works Perfectly.
Thank You.

PS: Where can I find the 'Proper' documentation for Zeos?

Zeos - while being a great piece of FOS software, the big minus point for me is the documentation. (Or am I missing something?)

A few more simple samples will be in place. Will the developers take note?
Pitfiend
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Pitfiend »

To be honest I never used it, maybe I too was missing something (never had a trouble until now). If you check the SVN repository you may found it, but it's not an easier task, you need to build it by yourself from the components themself. In the other hand, some properties are similar to the ones found in the BDE (at least the basic ones).

Also, you can figure what the components do, using the autocomplete feature from delphi itself (works for me, I use Zeoslib on every database app I build).

Anyway, you can also read the components' declaration too, hardest way, but you can get illumination through hard work, maybe you can build proper docs (just kidding).
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

There's not a lot of documentation on zeoslib itself.
In case you did download a zip file there's the doc directory with some files. Most usefull for startes is the parameters.pdf file.
Also have a look at the knowledge base on this forum to get started.
For a more detailed documentation on how to use resultsets and queries I can advise you to read the delphi documentation on this subject.

Mark