In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

[Solved] Zeos SVN

Post by JD »

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give me a good link to the svn version of Zeos? I hear there are lots of bug fixes in the svn version & I'm keen on updating my Zeos 7 alpha.

http://svn.zeos.firmos.at/zeos/trunk does not work for me. I use TortoiseSVN.

Thanks
Last edited by JD on 27.05.2011, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Wild_Pointer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Wild_Pointer »

hello JD,

Please use svn://zeos.firmos.at/zeos/trunk

Good luck!
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by JD »

Wild_Pointer wrote:hello JD,

Please use svn://zeos.firmos.at/zeos/trunk

Good luck!
I tried it with Tortoise SVN (using SVN Checkout) & it didn't work. See the attached screenshot. What am I doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trupka
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by trupka »

You're doing OK and I just tested checkout from trunk.It also works OK so problem is somwhere else. Doesn Tortoise reports some error or just hangs? Firewall / provider issues maybe?
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by JD »

trupka wrote:You're doing OK and I just tested checkout from trunk.It also works OK so problem is somwhere else. Doesn Tortoise reports some error or just hangs? Firewall / provider issues maybe?
See the attached screenshot for the error messages Tortoise SVN reports. The French error messages say that "an attempt to connect failed because the the minimum delay was exceeded or the server did not respond".

I have similar problems when I use RapidSVN. The funny thing is Zeos svn is the only one that gives me this problem. I can download from other svn repositories without problems.

Thanks for your assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trupka
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by trupka »

Zeos SVN repo works perfectly fine while I'm writing this. It's probably network issue. It's impossible to resolve this through forum, I can give you only a few general tips:
- you cant ping zeos.firmos.at. That's OK.
- try to capture some network traffic and see is network connection established at all. If it is, try to lower MTU param on your modem /machine
If you haven't got network experience, find some network guy to do it for you.
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by JD »

trupka wrote:Zeos SVN repo works perfectly fine while I'm writing this. It's probably network issue. It's impossible to resolve this through forum, I can give you only a few general tips:
- you cant ping zeos.firmos.at. That's OK.
- try to capture some network traffic and see is network connection established at all. If it is, try to lower MTU param on your modem /machine
If you haven't got network experience, find some network guy to do it for you.
I tried it on another computer & on another network & it worked! Something is clearly wrong with my XP desktop. It works normally except for Zeos svn. It is probably a firewall problem. I use Comodo Firewall so I guess I better start investigating the messages from Defense+.

Thanks for your kind assistance.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

FYI

The svn repo moved to https://zeoslib.svn.sourceforge.net/svn ... slib/trunk
This may also solve some network problems as not all firewalls allow the svn:// protocol.

Mark