Forum related to Firebird

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

rockyoh
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

about zeos and korean language

Post by rockyoh »

Hello you all

I have just started the programming with delphi and firebird about 1 month now...
While I am enjoying the coding with delphi I came across big hurdle, I am not sure what is the cause of the problem. I am currently working on a simple project, that insert and select the data from firebird database.

The issue I have here is that in English this works fine but when I use Korean it has a issue.

One is that if the dabase is set to UTF-8 then it will insert without problem but the output is all broken up (what it mean is that if I insert 'hello' for instance it will come out '?$ll?') and if I use ksc_5601 (which is char set for korean) or none, it will come out perfect but whe I try to insert it will be all broken up in database.

so what I want to ask is, can zeos support korean (i.e. does it support utf-8 or ksc_5601), if not what should I do?? and another thing I want to ask is, is there a way that I could connect to the database which has no char set, as UTF-8 set and insert data or vise versa... (what I want to do is create the database with char set as 'NONE' so I could read the values and when I want to insert the data I connect to the database as UTF-8 so what I insert do not break....)

I hope I could find the solution soon thank you.....
trupka
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by trupka »

rockyoh,
did you specify codepage in ZConnecton?