Delphi 2010 - Compile, Install - But no components

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

mrLion,

Is there something we could add to the zeoslib distro make it easier to use this MultiInstaller? eg. Some include-file you can point to in a MultiInstaller config script?

Mark
mrLion
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by mrLion »

mdaems Sorry, I just can not understand you. My English does not allow me. Both auto translator speaks nonsense. Can you repeat the question in Russian?
If the question is to make the installation script that I had already laid out. Well, I can adjust for the different versions. This installer automatically installs and a C + + and under Delphi.

Or need to fully describe the process of creating a distribution? Site Multiinstaller is quite sensible description. Ready to help in any way .... That's just the language barrier .... Damn it!
marcov
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: ZeosLib svn and D2010

Post by marcov »

JohnML wrote:Ok, added "C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi5\Comp\D2010\ZEOSDBO\packages\delphi14\build" to the OS PATH Variable (really strange !!) compiled and installed ZComponentDesign140.bpl but still no components on my pallette or Forms.
Should work. Note that recent delphi versions already put a dir for BPLs in the path on installation. For me (Rad Studio 2009 and Delphi XE)

C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\6.0\Bpl

with XE being 8.0
I won't put the build directory for D2010 to my OS PATH any more, because i still have Delphi 5 that works(!!) and *.bpl duplicates in PATH is really not a good idea!!
That's why Zeos takes great care and uses libsuffix to make sure all BPLs have different names.
I hate this fucking Delphi 2010 and i spent 700 EURO for that shit ( ok, it takes only 1 Minute to start up and exe sizes are duoble, really great !)
Noticed that too (with XE, 50% larger than with 2009). Suspect the RTTI for the RTL is always on.

But if you really want to feel frustrating, compile with Lazarus. I've seen 100 MB binaries. (though that's because by default debuginfo is linked in, a la td32 debug info in Delphi)
VIKI
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by VIKI »

I wonder why there's still talk about alpha when there's a later stable version already.

Anywho, tried that MultiInstaller for builder2009, with some adjustments in the .ini but it won't install anything.. just unzips and that's it, anyone had success with this?
aperger
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by aperger »

Because the latest stable (6.6.x) does not work under Delphi 2009/2010/XE.
VIKI
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by VIKI »

7.7.8 stable doesn't either, AnsiString AnsiChar char issues. I might switch to another lib that will always compile, non-vcl though.
[s]Although version 8+ doesn't seem to have the ansi-issues anymore.[/s] my bad there's no v8 yet :S
Last edited by VIKI on 20.11.2010, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

VIKI,
I'm afraid you're mixing different versions of different software.
Zeoslib 6.6 is stable, but doesn't work for D2009 and later
Zeoslib 7 is in development and should support D2009 abd later.

The MultiInstaller is not a Zeoslib tool and is not supported by us at all. If you can use it to install zeoslib that's nice and if we can add code (eg. multiinstaller config files) to our library to make it more easy to install zeoslib using it we will do so when somebody asks for it and provides the code.

My advise : install zeoslib 7 manually into your IDE when you do it the first time. Use MultiInstaller for automated installation afterwards when you feel comfortable doing so.

Mark
VIKI
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by VIKI »

Yeah ok, mixed up builds and versions...

That installer did anything but install, using C++Builder2009 btw. Doing a build from the cbuilder12 package dir, with some minor modification, did install the lib. Was porting from builder6 to 2009, it's workable.
tviets
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tviets »

I Solved this problem another way Delphi XE en delphi15
I just copied all the bpl files from the build directory to the Bin directory of RADstudio. And then after all it works.

THEO
hempster
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by hempster »

I have tried everything described above now and nothing helps with RAD Studio XE Architect - this Silverpoint even does not recognize it as Delphi version and offers only Delphi 7 as possible destination.

All libraries can be compiled without complaining and design time library can be compiled and installed, but no components are registered and any attempt to open examples returns "TZConnection on found..." etc.

Is there anybody who have successfully installed ZeosDBO in RAD Studio XE Architect edition?
meltoywerks
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by meltoywerks »

Step1: Follow the instructions found on this site:

http://www.silverpointdevelopment.com/m ... /index.htm

Step2: add this code to setup.ini file

[Package - ZeosDBO 7.0.0 Alpha]
Name=ZEOSDBO-7.0.0
Zip=ZEOSDBO-7.0.0-alpha.zip
Folder=zeos
SearchPath="src\component","src\core","src\dbc", "src\parsesql", "src\plain"
Includes="$BaseFolder\src\component","$BaseFolder\src\core","$BaseFolder\src\dbc","$BaseFolder\src\parsesql","$BaseFolder\src\plain"
;GroupIndex=1
D14="packages\delphi14\ZCore.dpk", "packages\delphi14\ZPlain.dpk", "packages\delphi14\ZParseSql.dpk", "packages\delphi14\ZDbc.dpk","packages\delphi14\ZComponent.dpk", "packages\delphi14\ZComponentDesign.dpk"

code worked for me! EXCELLENT!