Entry point not found when install

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

CenturyBreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Entry point not found when install

Post by CenturyBreak »

Hello!
This error appears in Delphi 2009, ZEOSLIB_TESTING_REV779 and ZEOSLIB_TESTING_REV800.
While compliling Project Group we have all ok. But when we install ZComponentDesign120.bpl
we get an error
The entry point in procedure @Zfunctionsconvert@initialization$qqrt not found in library DLL Zcore120.bpl
But if we go to Component - Install Packages, select ZComponentDesign120.bpl all components install correctly and work.
The same error appears then we open BDS.exe. In other words, every time when I start Delphi, I must reinstall ZComponentDesign120.bpl and then open my projects else I get an error "Components not found"
seawolf
Zeos Dev Team *
Zeos Dev Team *

Post by seawolf »

Can you try compiling manually Zcore.dpk? And after that can you compile all the .dpk?
CenturyBreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by CenturyBreak »

seawolf wrote:Can you try compiling manually Zcore.dpk? And after that can you compile all the .dpk?
Yes, at first I compile ZCore120.bpl and then other *.bpl including ZComponentDesign120.bpl. After that I choose "Install" at ZComponentDesign120.bpl and get error as mentioned above.
But when I do it from menu item "Install packages" no errors appear.
seawolf
Zeos Dev Team *
Zeos Dev Team *

Post by seawolf »

One more question .. Have you installed an older Zeos version?
Because it looks like Delphi founded a different zeos library
CenturyBreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by CenturyBreak »

seawolf wrote:One more question .. Have you installed an older Zeos version?
Because it looks like Delphi founded a different zeos library
Yes, I use ZEOS several years. I copy files from BUILD directory to LIB directory in Delphi and before installing new version I always delete them.
That problem appears from 779 version (approximately)
CenturyBreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by CenturyBreak »

I have found the reason. In c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RAD Studio\6.0\Bpl\ were old *.bpl files from Zeos, created in 2008. The same in DCP directory. I have replaced it with just compiled versions.
Thanks seawolf for the hint.