Weird issue with REV725+ and TwwDBGrid - FIXED!

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

Prometeus
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Weird issue with REV725+ and TwwDBGrid - FIXED!

Post by Prometeus »

Hello,

At this time I am unable to use Zeos REV725+ because of an strange issue with Woll2Woll component 'TwwDBGrid'. There is an option in that component that allows one to do multiselect on the records shown. Well, since REV725 when I select only one record and the TwwDBGrid multiselect option is on ALL records become selected by themself. No problem occurs when the multiselect is off. And this problem started since REV725.

Does someone knows what may be changed in order to make that component behave like the above? Just to let you know I am using the same InfoPower version since I started using Zeos.

Thanks!
Last edited by Prometeus on 28.01.2010, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

What zeoslib versions are you comparing? 6.6-stable compared to 7.x? Or 6.5 compared to 6.6 or...

Mark
Prometeus
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Prometeus »

Hello, Mark,

I don't use 6.6 stable since the begin of this year. I'm using ALL 7.x REV since then. Until REV713 the 'TwwDBGrid' with multiselect option enabled was ok. The next REV released just after that was REV 725. Well, since then and including the last one (740) the above problem happens. I am using REV 713 with the fix of Seawolf to that other bug already fixed. Maybe someone changed something related to the interface of the dataset components with components like the 'DBGrid'.

Thanks for your input.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi Prometeus,

I don't know the Tww components very well, but the only important changes that happened in this period (713->725) is this one : http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/changelog ... src?cs=717 , which changed the Bookmark functionality (to get it 64-bit compliant) but introduced a bug.
So if those Tww components use bookmarks to implement the multiselect that could explain your issue.

This bug should be addressed in rev 742 ( http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/changelog ... src?cs=742 ). Other changes didn't happen in the components layer since rev 713 ( http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/changelog ... 1004979097 ).
As there was only one changed file in rev 742, I'll attach it to this post.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prometeus
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Prometeus »

Hello, Mark,

Sorry the delay. I am on vacancy and I'll be back by January, 15th. I can't test your file now, but I am glad to hear that there is a clue on the reported error. I'm not sure which method is used by the 'Tww' components but they may really use bookmark to accomplish the multiselect functionality. I hope you have found the bug! Thanks!

Happy New Year to ALL!!
CenturyBreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by CenturyBreak »

Hello, Mark!

I have the same problem with standard DBGrid component, Rev741. Delphi® 2009 Version 12.0.3420.21218. ZAbstractRODataset.pas from the previous post doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks!
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

I suppose this means the problem still exists in the 7.0.0-alpha release?

If so, please drop a very small test project (Only standard+zeoslib components) in a new bug report at zeosbugs.firmos.at . Don't forget to add db-creation scripts, as I'm using mysql only (for db independent issues, of course).

Mark
Prometeus
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Prometeus »

Hello, Mark,

I just tested the file you upload above and the problem persists. I am stucked on VER713 that still works as expected.

I'll test this bug with the standard DBGrid and try to do a test project for sending to bugreport.

Thanks.
CenturyBreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by CenturyBreak »

In ZEOSLIB_TESTING_REV779 this problem is fixed. Thanks a lot!!!
trupka
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by trupka »

It is same problem Yapt was talking about. Please see more on http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=2 ... ht=quantum
Prometeus
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Prometeus »

Hello,

Yes, I can confirm! This bug is over in TESTING_REV779.

Thank you, Zeos dev team!
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Not completely done yet...
trupka did find a fpc64 issue with this fix, so I commited another version for this bug fix. See bug report 216 for more information.

Mark