BDS2010 and ZEOSLIB_TESTING_REV713

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

donaldshimoda
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by donaldshimoda »

Can you use svn revision? I dont have idea what is inside that zip, and the word stable make me think is not the same code...
yapt
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by yapt »

How can I get access to SVN ? I have tried with tortoise svn but I have had no luck.

Thanks.
donaldshimoda
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by donaldshimoda »

Well, if you dont tell me where is the propblem with tortoise svn, is a little hard to help you. :)

the svn is at svn://zeos.firmos.at/zeos/branches/testing
you can checkout that url, must work as expected with Tortoise svn.

HTH
yapt
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by yapt »

It is ok now (doing click on your svn link)....

I am going to try with the trunk.

Thanks.
yapt
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by yapt »

ZeosLib 713 installed and running fine on my first test. :-)

I have added ..\packages\delphi14 to Library_Path and after compile all of ZeosDbo Group, to get INSTALLed ZComponentDesign140 on the IDE, I have had to copy al BPL and DCP files

..\packages\delphi14\build\

TO:
*.BPL -> C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\7.0\Bpl
*.DCP -> C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\7.0\Dcp

Thanks a lot..

Regards.
donaldshimoda
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by donaldshimoda »

You welcome
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Let's be clear on the snapshots:
- ZEOSLIB_STABLE_REV738.zip is a snapshot of the 6.6-patches branch
- ZEOSLIB_TESTING_REV740.zip is a snapshot of the development branch (7.x)
- ZEOSLIB_TRUNK_REV741 is a snapshot of thruk (less experimental 7.x)

As D2009 and D2010 support is not available in 6.6 stable branch that's is why it didn't work for you at first.
So an official warning : the version you are using now is experimental.
Please use it carefully. It should be fine on small new projects as long as you test your application well and want to help us clean out the bugs. Don't use it to convert big old projects to D2010, however unless you're sure you can test very thoroughly.

Mark
donaldshimoda
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by donaldshimoda »

Thanks for the info.

I will test a BIG project using firebird 2.1 and Delphi 2010 in this days. I will feedback about that.

TIA
yapt
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by yapt »

MDaems, I know it is a "beta" version and because of that it is a "production not ready" version. :-) But if I would like to work with Delphi 2010 I have no chance.

Anyway, thanks to all the ZeosLib team for the work done.

I was asking me if the project doesn't have any "donation" page or something like that.

Best Regards.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

I was asking me if the project doesn't have any "donation" page or something like that.
No, the team doesn't have a donation page, just because we don't have any money to spend as a team. (No hosting or other project costs) There's no legal entity to donate the money to either.
So the only donations that can be done is to individual team members that accept them.

As for me: I do accept them only for work done already or as a general support for the work I may do in the future. Not as an advance payment/bribe to get some specific job done.

Concerning the work done for D2009/2010 : have a look at the svn logs (in the repository or at http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/changelog ... es/testing) to see who deserves it. I did most of the commits, but usually that's based on patches by other people. Their names are mentioned in the logs.

To get the accounts to send donations to you can look at eventual sourceforge profiles or use some private communication channel to get this information.

Mark