In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

Sidon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Firebird/Zeoslib 6.6.5-stable

Post by Sidon »

Hi everyone.

I´m using Dephi 7, Firebird and Zeoslib 6.6.5-stable. It´s running fine, but when ocur an error with sql statements, the error messages are very strange, for example, see the following message for a foreign key violation:

Project prj.exe raised exception class EZSQLException with message 'SQL Error: violation of FOREIGN KEY constraint "@1" on table "@2" Foreign key reference target does not exist. Error Code: -530. violation of FOREIGN KEY constraint "@1" The SQL: INSERT INTO RESUMOVENDAS (RESUMOVENDAS.CODIGO_RESUMOVENDA,

Is correct the fragment "constraint "@1" on table "@2" "? zeos don't 'solve' the @1 and @2?
seawolf
Zeos Dev Team *
Zeos Dev Team *

Post by seawolf »

Which kind of Firebird version are you using? (I suppose FB 2.1.2)

Very strange .. because it looks like that message comes directly form Firebird and not from Zeos, so the question is how that procedure is called
DarylC
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by DarylC »

I had a similar problem with Firebird a few months ago, so I re-installed Firebird. That cleared up the problem for me, but I never found out what was actually wrong.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

This error comes from the server indeed. Can you use a TZSQLMonitor to log the statement sent to the server? Maybe that explains what's going wrong.

Mark
mj.terblanche
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Wrong version of GDS32 or FBClient

Post by mj.terblanche »

Hi, this usually happens when upgrading Firebird without removing all traces of the GDS32.dll or FBClient.dll before installing the new version. IT's a DLL conflict that cause the older DLL to not lookup the error messages propperly. Do a search and remove all GDS32 and FBClient dll's keeping only those in the BIN directory of the new FB install. If need be, copy those then to the Windows System32 directory to ensure your aps get hold of them.
HTH,
MJ