ZMetadata failed to fetch list of table in excel using ADO

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

iwancs
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

ZMetadata failed to fetch list of table in excel using ADO

Post by iwancs »

Hi, i've tried to use the ZMetadata to retrieve list of table on an excel file using the ADO protocol.
It returns no list.
But i still can access the excel sheet using the ZQuery and read the data correctly, but i need to list the table inside the excel file.
Is there anyone tried it? thanks
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Is this a specific 7.0 problem or is it also a problem in the stable zeoslib version?

Is it possible this is a problem with the ADO implementation for excel files or also when using ADO for other databases (eg. Access, sql server)?

Mark
iwancs
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by iwancs »

Hi,

I haven't tried the ADO Connection to other database, just for Excel File and i've tried the Previous Stable Version, it works, so it happen only on this version. I use the 6.6.5 stable version on D6 and it works.

I Use the TZSQLMetaData component because i need to get list of available sheet.

Iwan CS
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi Iwan,

Sorry for the delay. I've been building an other project I needed urgently, so I didn't log on for a very long time.

I'm afraid you'll have to debug a little. This seems to be a D2009 issue. Or did you test 7.x on an older delphi version with the same result?

Best place to start is in the procedure TZAdoDatabaseMetadata.UncachedGetTables.
Maybe you can find out where the missing link is.

Mark
iwancs
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by iwancs »

It's ok, i can understand, i've tried 6.5 version on D6, and it's working, i'll try your suggestion for 7.0 on D6 too. I've tried debugging the source to find which function is responsible to return the value, so thanks for the hint, i'll take a look at the source. Hopefully i could find the problem, thanks.

Iwan
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Did you make some progress?

Mark
iwancs
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by iwancs »

Sorry mark, i've been busy with other things first, i'll post some progress as soon as possible, i've found the source line, and it looks like it has problem, but i need to do other things first, so i can't continue yet.

But did you having the same problem too?is it reproduceable in your development environment.

Thanks for the support

Iwan CS
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

No idea. I NEVER (really!!) used ADO and I must admit I don't even know how to use it.

Mark