mysql connection error on the localnetwork

Forum related to MySQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

capella
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

mysql connection error on the localnetwork

Post by capella »

hello maybe my problem is very easy.I used mysql 4.1 but later I decided that I have to used mysql5 myself.Than I take some error on the LAN. Our project is running my computer is ok. But another when the another computer connect to work my computer, it dosen't improve.

But I have got a interesting situation.because if I install mysql 5.0 each computer, Program is running but I just install to server machine I am taking error client machine. I think this problem is libmysql.dll. But I can't solve this problem. Because I copy libmysql50.dll and libmysql.dll in my project folder. But I have still this problem.

What is my problem???
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

You didn't tell us what error you get exactly.

Some important hint : use the libmysql for the version of mysql you really use. Don't rely on an old libmysql version you may find in some older zeoslib version (or even the svn repository).

Mark
capella
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by capella »

sorry I have to write my problem exactly. I created config.ini file if I want to run that my program on the Lan I must change into config.ini file text .For example I must 192.168.2.4 but I use program on localhost I write localhost or 127.0.0.1. Please this situation read again
hello maybe my problem is very easy.I used mysql 4.1 but later I decided that I have to used mysql5 myself.Than I take some error on the LAN. Our project is running my computer is ok. But another when the another computer connect to work my computer, it dosen't improve.

But I have got a interesting situation.because if I install mysql 5.0 each computer, Program is running but I just install to server machine I am taking error client machine. I think this problem is libmysql.dll. But I can't solve this problem. Because I copy libmysql50.dll and libmysql.dll in my project folder. But I have still this problem.

What is my problem???

I don't use latest version but I don't remember Which version I use zeos. But I remember that I use Which supported mysql 5.0. Especially I look to zconnection object inspector that version I select mysql5 that 's ok but I don't remember now because I am not being at home now. But I will write which version I use.
I think my problem this picture explaning

Last edited by capella on 09.07.2009, 19:25, edited 6 times in total.
capella
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by capella »

yeah I am at home now I have used ZEOSDBO-6.6.1-beta version
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

This probably isn't a zeoslib problem.

Most likely reasons are:
- mysql isn't running on server 192.168.2.4
- mysql isn't running on the default port (3306)
- there's a firewall problem

Can you connect from your pc to the server using the mysql command line client with this command : mysql -h192.168.2.4 -u<user> -p<password>
I would expect you get the same error message.

Mark
capella
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by capella »

I don't think so. Because if I run program on each one( server machine and client machine) I have no problem client machine connect server machine and record data easily.at first only I connect server machine easily without mysql don't install client machine But if I removed mysql on the client machine, I take an error. I think problem is libmysql50.dll but I am not sure that is.
What can be my problem?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

I'm quite sure it is a server or firewall problem. Libmysql is working and found by zeoslib, otherwise you would get an error message telling you it can't find libmysql (remove the dll and you'll see).

I did some googling and found 2 links that might be interesting:
1. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_Mys ... 10060_mean
2. http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?34,497 ... #msg-49742 (there are lots of idea's in the answers

Mark
capella
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by capella »

I don't think so certainly.
So I still think this error from zeoslib.Because I checked mysql and firewall. I also remove firewall. Finally I want to say that if mysql is intalled both of computer(server machine and client machine).No problem. But when I uninstall mysql on the client machine the program likes give me error

manz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by manz »

@capella ... as per mdaems provide your info, did you already try like this

1:
Can you connect from your pc to the server using the mysql command line client with this command : mysql -h192.168.2.4 -u<user> -p<password>
of course, you should install mysql at your client machine to connect to server 192.168.2.4.

2: Please check the mysql server can receive connect on every client computer without error using the 1 method.

Please make sure the mysql server running at 3306 port is not used and can be pinged from other machine.

3: You talk about
But if I removed mysql on the client machine, I take an error
Seems like error the mysql server reject the accept connection from the outside server. Did you already set to allow the client connection from other host ?

When removing the mysql on client machine, please be sure the libMySQLxx.dll version correctly located by your application, e.g. at %windows%\system32 or %user_document_location%\rad studio\<version> ... or same location with your application...

At last ...
ZEOSDBO-6.6.1-beta version
Please use the ZEOSDBO-6.6.5-stable version with cleaning up all old version of ZeosLib and try again ...

If still problem persists ... please post on this thread with error message.

Man'z
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

MySQL default installation accepts only localhost root logins. But the error shoul be different.

capella, go to the mysql site and download mysql GUI tools, install and start MySQL browser on the same machine where your program is and give the same input. If the result is the same (can't connect) then it is definitely a server related problem. Like mdaems in also thitk there's something related to the computer IP.